This Method Statement provides detail procedure for the laying of concrete Kerb as per the approved drawing.
This work consists of constructing cement concrete kerb in the central median and /or along the footpaths in conformity with the lines, levels and dimensions as specified in the drawings.
Section In charge will be responsible for quality control of the section for the construction of Kerb. Further field engineers, surveyors, supervisors and lab technicians will assist him.
A continuous kerb casting equipment will be deployed capable of laying the kerb in required cross-sections and producing a well-compacted mass of concrete.
Where continuous casting with Equipment is not practicable, manual construction with suitable shutter will be done with the approval of the Engineer.
- Lines and levels will be marked and the sensor of the kerb-casting machine will be adjusted accordingly. Pegs will be put at every 10 meters interval indicating the levels. These pegs will be joined with a metal wire.
- The concrete of Grade M20 to be used for kerb will be produced at the batching plant as per the approved mix formula.
- The concrete will be loaded on to the transit mixer directly from the batching plant and transported to the kerb location.
- Kerb casting will be laid on firm foundation of minimum 150 mm thickness of cement concrete of M10 grade cast-in-situ and extending 50mm beyond the kerb stone or over WMM surface as per site condition.
- Before laying the foundation with lean concrete, the base will be leveled and lightly watered to make it damp.
- The cast – in – situ kerb will be constructed in all situations except at location where continuous casting with Equipment is not practicable, manual construction with suitable shutter with the approval of the Engineer.
- In the median portions in the straight reaches, the kerb will be cast in continuous lengths. In the portions where footpaths are provided and /or the slope of the carriageway is towards median gap/recess will be provided in the kerb by cutting to facilitate drainage openings.
- After laying the kerbs and just prior to 6 to 8 hours after laying of the concrete, saw cut grooves will be provided at 5m intervals or as specified by the engineer.
- Curing of kerb will be done by applying curing compound / or any other suitable method
- Vertical and horizontal tolerances with respect to true line and level will be + 6mm.
- Saw joint groove mechanically cut to 3mm to 5mm wide.
- Quality Control Testing and Acceptance
Quality control tests shall be done as per Quality Control Tests and Acceptance Criteria
One thought on “CONCRETE KERB CASTING METHOD STATEMENT”
Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you penning this article and also the rest of the site is very good.